Montego Bay is a major event destination.
Here is a list of major events that have been held in Montego Bay (based on the month they have been held).
- Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival – a popular jazz event staged at the beginning of each year. Features well-known performers from around the world
- Reggae Month & Bob Marley Week – a big celebration of reggae music and Bob Marley. Expect lots of music and fun!
- Spring Break – students from North America flock to Montego Bay for Spring Break festivities during part of February and March
- Easter – there is a long easter weekend in Jamaica, stretching from good Friday to easter Monday.
- PIOJ Biennial Diaspora Conference – held every other year, this conference deals with issues concerning Jamaicans overseas.
- Jamaica International Ocho Rios Jazz Festival – This event offers exciting music, great entertainment, and healthy family fun.
- Reggae Sumfest – This highly anticipated annual Reggae event showcases the best talents in roots, rock and reggae music. Each year, top Jamaican acts perform along with international artistes to a diverse audience.
- Emancipation and Independence Celebration – the first week of August sees celebrations of emancipation from slavery, as well as freedom from colonial rule. Lots of celebrations and parties all over the island.
- Marlin Tournament – Annual International Marlin Tournament at the Montego Bay Yacht Club. More than 50 years in the running, this annual tournament features cash prizes and draws enthusiastic crowds in September.
- Bridal Expo
- Reggae Marathon – The Reggae Marathon & Half Marathon is Jamaica’s premier International Marathon Event. Marathoners, sports enthusiasts as well as beginners, converge in Negril, Jamaica’s capital of casual, for a fun event characterized by good vibes and lots of Reggae Music.
- Christmas – December 25th, a major holiday for Jamaicans. Most locals go to church, exchange gifts and join with friends and family for a major feast. Rum cake, egg nog and gungo peas are specialities
Other places to check for events