About Reggae Sumfest
Reggae Sumfest is the largest concert festival in Jamaica, taking place each year in mid-July in Montego Bay. Sumfest, started in 1993.
Reggae Sumfest often attracts young crowds, and features a variety of Jamaican reggae artists such as Damian “Junior Gong” Marley and Stephen Marley, The Mighty Diamonds, Toots & the Maytals, Beres Hammond, Tony Rebel, Andy Vernon, Frankie Paul, and Freddie McGregor, dancehall stars like Vybz Kartel, Popcaan, Tommy Lee Sparta, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Elephant Man, Capleton, and Lady Saw as well as international artists including 50 Cent, Rihanna, Usher, Dru Hill, Ja Rule, Missy Elliott, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Mary J. Blige, Titi Jackson, Ne-Yo, Fantasia Barino, LL Cool J, Ludacris and Snoop Dogg.
1. Common Added To List Of Artistes for Reggae Sumfest 2015
Common has been added to the list of performers expected to create a blow out experience for patrons at the reggae sumfest show. According to the Observer
The artiste is riding a crest at this time following his Academy Award win for the song Glory, a collaboration with singer John Legend which was featured in the film Selma, directed by Ava DuVernay and starring David Oyelowo and Oprah Winfrey.
The multifaceted artiste, actor and poet, will be a welcomed addition to the show noted executive Director of Summerfest Productions Johnny Gourzong.
2. Rick Ross Added To Already Impressive List Of Headliners
Continuing to improve on its already impressive line-up, the organizers of Reggae sumfest 2015 have made their latest addition, including Rick Ross to their list of artistes for the 2015 show. The gleaner reports
Rick Ross, whose real name is William Leonard Roberts II, will be joining the likes of Common, Yazz and Jennifer Hudson, as well as dancehall veterans Beenie Man and Capleton, as a headline act to grace the Sumfest stage. Rick Ross will perform on Friday, July 17 at Catherine Hall, Montego Bay.
The rapper, known for a plethora of hits, including Stay Scheming, Hustlin’ andAston Martin Music – and his many collaborations with artistes like Nicki Minaj, Kelly Rowland, Lil Wayne, Usher, Jay Z and Drake is a welcome addition to the line-up, according to Johnny Gourzong, executive director of Summerfest Productions, producers of the event.
Ross’ hit single, Hustlin’, was his entry into the music scene, which quickly became a street anthem. The popularity of the song powered his 2006 debut album, Port of Miami, which opened at number one on Billboard’s Top Albums Chart. He followed it up with Trilla (2008), his second album, a tribute to his idol Michael Jackson’s albumThriller. Ross has released four other albums.
2015 Artistes & Events
- Dancehall Night – Capleton, konshens, ioctane, popcaan, gully bop, spice, tommy lee, demarco, dexta daps, gage, ishawna, jcapri, rymeminista, konfydence, patexx
- International Night 1 – common, beenie man, coco tea, jesse royal, kabaka pyramid, keznamdi
- International Night 2 – Jennifer Hudson, Yazz, Chris Martin
“This year, we will begin with the Beach Party at Aquasol on Sunday, July 12; the all-white event at Pier One on Tuesday, July 14; and the three main concert nights from Thursday, July 16, to Saturday, July 18. There are many upcoming acts set to perform each night, and through a partnership with beverage sponsor Pepsi, we will have an hour of young talent on the final night of this year’s event…” – Johnny Gourzong, Executive Director Summerfest Productions
Map, Time & Location For Reggae Sumfest
- Time: 8:00PM
- Venue: Catherine Hall Entertainment Complex
- Location: Montego Bay, Jamaica
A map of the location and nearby hotels will be added here, soon.
As you can imagine, there are varying kinds of accommodations near Catherine Hall Entertainment Complex including many of the top Montego Bay hotels. You can find everything from luxury hotels and boutique accommodations to budget all inclusive resorts. If you are traveling to attend Reggae Sumfest 2015, doing it with friends will make it even more economical, plus a lot more fun!
Some of the nearby Montego Bay Resorts & Hotels include;
- Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
- Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
- Secrets Wild Orchid
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Montego Bay
- Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
- Royalton White Sands Montego Bay
Getting to the ‘greatest reggae show on earth’ can sometimes be tricky, however if you plan ahead, you should be just fine. There are a number of ways to get to the Montego bay reggae Sumfest venue, which I will outline below.
- Private transportation
- Knutsford Express
- Tour buses
Cost / Entry
- Dancehall Night – July 16, 2015 at Catherine Hall Entertainment Complex
- Presold J$3,300 / US$29 At Gate J$3,500/ US$31 VIP J$6,000 / US$52
- International Night – 1 July 17, 2015
- International Night – 2 July 18, 2015
Sponsors & Brands
- Red Stripe Beer – Dubbed for years as the Red Stripe reggae Sumfest, Red Stripe has been a longstanding sponsor of this major music festival
- Pepsi – ‘Pepsi Cola, over the years, has forged an amazing partnership with Summerfest Productions, adding great value, quality products and its own entertainment to the event each year.’ Gleaner
Website & Social Media Pages
- Website: http://reggaesumfest.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReggaeSumfest
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/reggaesumfest
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/reggaesumfest/